Packed with Mediterranean flavors, this Bacon Tomato Rice is a delicious way to transform your leftover rice. And with Thai Jasmine Brown Rice, you’ll not only add the aroma of Jasmine, but also a subtle nutty flavor from wholesome whole grains.
Prepare rice according to package directions; let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Meanwhile, in large wok or skillet set over medium heat, cook bacon for 8 to 10 minutes or until starting to crisp around edges. Stir in green onions, cumin and coriander; cook for 1 minute.
Increase heat to medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until rice is slightly warmed.
Stir in soy sauce; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice and vegetables are heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Top with crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese if desired.
Here are a few tips to make perfect fried rice, every time!
– Chill Out: Refrigerated rice is firmer and drier; therefore, you’re going to get fried rice that isn’t clumpy.
– Grab the Right Grains: Stick to long grain rice as short grain or glutinous rice tends to get too sticky. For best results try Mahatma® Long Grain White & Jasmine Rice.
– Prepare by Preheating: For a crispy texture and a slightly smoky flavor, wait until the pan and oil are nice and hot before adding the rice.
– Space Out: For a fluffier stir fry, grab the biggest pan or wok you have. With less crowding, the pan will remain hot — this ensures that your stir-fry will get that desirable crisp texture instead of getting mushy.
– Don’t get too saucy: When it comes to sauce, it’s better to remember that less is more. By keeping sauce to a minimum, you reduce the risk of soggy rice.
Remember you can find the answers to your rice queries on our website, for example jasmine vs basmati rice, which is better?
We have plenty of recipes that will satisfy any bacon cravings. With an extra protein boost, this savory Chicken and Bacon Fried Rice is another tasty fried rice variation. Or, jump on the bandwagon and whip up this irresistible Cheesy Volcano Rice – it’s not a viral sensation for no reason!
For something with more of a Latin American flavor, check out this recipe for Mexican Rice. What are taco dorados? Try them tonight! Alternatively if it’s something more Mediterranean you’re after then take a look at this Paella recipe. Looking for a fun dessert? Try our; what is arroz con leche. If you’re looking for more information on our products, including the benefits of jasmine vs basmati rice, visit our website.