Packed with wholesome Thai Jasmine Brown Rice, Sazon seasoned Chicken and Bacon Fried Rice is an ideal way to take your leftovers to new heights. Whether it’s a side dish or the main course, you and guests will savory each and every bite of this flavorful fried rice with a Latin twist.
Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned; transfer to plate and set aside. In medium bowl, season chicken with sazon. Add to skillet; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until well browned and crisp. Add bell peppers, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Add cooked rice, 1/4 cup green onions, adobo seasoning and soy sauce to skillet; cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until well combined and heated through.
Transfer to serving plate. Garnish with remaining green onions and peanuts.
Also delicious with Mahatma® Jasmine White Rice. Adjust cooking times according to package directions. Garnish with cotija cheese for a creamy addition.
Why eat the same thing day after day when you can reinvent those leftovers? Fried rice is a great way to take advantage of the rice you have stored in the fridge! The versatility of fried rice allows you to customize your meal to your liking. There are plenty of options, so pick your protein, grab your trusty wok, and get to work!
– Chicken: Both our Chicken Fried Rice and our Chow Fan Fried Rice with Chicken are loaded with sautéed vegetables, fried eggs, and fresh ginger – perfect for when you’re craving those traditional Asian flavors!
– Turkey: Put those holiday leftovers to good use with this Ground Turkey Stir Fried Rice.
– Shrimp: Shrimp adds a firm, crisp texture, complementing the fluffy Mahatma® grain of your choosing. For a satisfying dish with just the right amount of nutty notes, Bacon and Shrimp Fried Brown Rice is a simple way to add more whole grains into your mealtime routine. Or, skip the turf and go straight to the surf with this tropical Shrimp Fried Rice with Pineapple and Egg.
– Miso: For a vegetarian dish that’s still packed with protein, make this vibrant Miso Fried Rice; it’s sure to be your new favorite meal!
Don’t hesitate to get creative with your fried rice mix-ins, but keep in mind that vegetables cook differently. First, you’ll want to start with protein and then use this handy list to estimate how long your other ingredients will take:
– 6-10 minutes: Broccoli and carrots
– 5-7 minutes: Onions, bok choy
– 3-5 minutes: Bell peppers, bok choy, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, zucchini
– 1-2 minutes: Bean sprouts, green onions
If you are craving something with more of a Latin American flavor, why not learn how to make Mexican Rice? For something more Mediterranean, take a look at this Paella recipe. Looking for dessert? Try our Spanish rice pudding recipe.